Monday, May 31, 2010

Day Zero.

I made it!
My Quest for Wizard Coin Knowledge can finally begin now that I'm here.
Or... well... there:

There.

Or, I guess, not exactly there... I mean, I'm not standing at that sign as I write this, but I am in Nova Scotia, which, according to the friendly little sign that welcomed me/told me everything I know about this crazy place, is home to at least one lighthouse.

Although I assume the King of Nova Scotia (or whatever it is they call the president here [Sea Captain?]) wouldn't have a lighthouse on the welcome sign if there wasn't already at least one solid lighthouse in the province. With that assumption set in place, I think it's safe to say that Nova Scotia is home to at least two lighthouses.

Are multiple lighthouses called 'lighthouses', or would they be called something different? I could see them being named in a similar fashion to the 'moose' for some reason. Would that mean that more than one lighthouse is called a series of light-hie? Now that I'm thinking about it, what is the plural form of 'moose'?

Are we not Meese? We are DEVO.

Oh, the questions, oh, the questions....



Oh! 3am side note - my roommates also just informed me that there were 3 gun slayings here last week. Last week. I don't mean to criticize my new home, but there were 153 gun-related deaths in all of Canada last year.
That means, according to my calculations (3 deaths per week x 52 weeks), Nova Scotia is responsible for 103% of Canada's gun crime.
So, I guess there's always that.

1 comment: