Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Lunenburg.

I got a few leads today. More than one. This is perfect.

First off, my new house mates told me to check out the book store up the street. I mentioned the book store idea to a few other people, and everyone was in agreement: book store owners know just about everything about everything, and that's a great place to start, even if it's only because it's the closest place to start.

The next tip I got was from our next door neighbour, Matt. Matt thinks I should take a trip about an hour south of here to a little town called Lunenburg.
Lunenburg is the home of the Bluenose, which at one point was the World's fastest sailboat, and is also the boat stamped on the Canadian dime, as well as on my Wizard Coin.

The Bluenose is also the name of this ridiculously sad little Panda bear,
which, according to his Wiki page, has never won any races, ever.


A new friend also suggested I take a look down by the Harbour, and that sounds fun and all, but now that I've written out the word 'harbour' I can't help but wonder why Canadians put U's into all sorts of words that really don't need U's.
We don't need 'U'! No, not you... no, don't start with the crying again, Bluenose!

1 comment:

  1. Fingers crossed for you Garnet, I hope you find the wizard!

    ReplyDelete