Saturday, August 7, 2010

The Citadel Coin Shop(pe).

As my Wizard adventure comes to a Wizard end the places I have left to check for my Wizard are becoming less and less.
I've ticked off nearly every spot on my Wizard 'to do' list, and I still haven't found any real solid evidence that this Wizard of mine actually even exists.
The main theory now is that the coin came from an old gaming arcade from the 80's called 'The Wizard Hole'.

Wizard Hole?

Wizard Hole!

Anyway, I was down at the Citadel Coin shoppe today... side note - when did people decide that dropping the extra "pe" from the end of 'shop' was a good thing? Any why does it seem like the only establishments that still use the 'shoppe' moniker are also the only shoppes that seem like they should have been out of business decades ago.

The Coin Shoppe? Now how exactly does one trade money for other money while also making enough money to money? I understand that certain coins are worth more than others, but is trading really common currency for less common currency an actual feasible business plan?
"I was looking to borrow just enough money to be able buy enough money to trade for more, better, money."
"Get out."

I kind of feel like this shop is the older brother holding 4 loonies, and the customers are the younger brother willing to trade in their $5 bill, because the 4 loonies are physically more money than the one $5 bill.

The Hobby Horse Quilt Shoppe? This can't be a real place. Or, if it is, this absolutely cannot be a place that makes real money. I mean, with the whole "the economy is bust" thing, seriously addictive places like Starbucks are shutting down hundreds of stores at a time, so how the heck can a place called "The Hobby Horse Quilt Shoppe" possibly stay in business?
This place has to either be the Hobby Horse of a trust-fund hippie, or a money laundering joint for something way more addictive than caffeine.

1 of approx. 10,000,000 horse quilts I found on Google Image Search. Maybe this is a real thing.

The British Isles Island Shoppe? Wait, what?

But anyway, the point of my whole story was that I was at the Halifax Citadel Coin Shoppe today, and none of the employees knew anything about my Wizard Coin.


All these crazy old Canadian Coins, and World Coins, and Fancy-Pants "look at me I'm in a pretty little case" Coins, and not even a trace of Wizardry.

No comments:

Post a Comment